Bacton Hill Bible Church
Our core values that guide the way we operate are:
- That people, like you and me, can have a dynamic relevant relationship with God.
- That the Word of God is foundational and is to be taught in a clear and consistent manner.
- That people are to be loved and cared for.
- That dependence upon God is to be expressed in prayer with and for each other.
We believe that the Bible is Godís love letter to us telling us who He is, how we can have a relationship with Him and what He desires us to do. We envision a community of people who have an intense love for God and an overwhelming desire to serve Him and make Him known in attitude and action.
Our foundation is the following principles in Scripture:
- The Bible, in both the Old and New Testaments, is God's self-disclosure to man; inerrant and unchanging, the Divine authority for the Church's doctrines and for the life of man. 2 Timothy 3:16
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God Who, in the fullness of time was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, thereby taking upon Himself human nature and becoming God-man in order to redeem man. John 1
- The only way to heaven and a relationship with God is by faith in Jesus Christ who atoned for our sins by His death, burial and resurrection. John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9
- As the body is one and has many members, all born-again believers are fitly joined together into one Body, having Jesus Christ as the Head of this Body, the Church. Ephesians 4:11-16
- All Christians should walk worthy of Christ in an overcoming, victorious life, daily growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, constantly being filled with the Holy Spirit, whom they receive when they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 12:13
- The personal, visible and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ for the Church. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Those who have never heard the gospel are lost and that it is therefore our solemn responsibility to preach the gospel to every creature. John 3:36